[reportlab-users] Tons of table questions

Paul Barrass paul.barrass at safeonlinebilling.com
Thu Feb 26 06:48:14 EST 2009

Robin Becker wrote:

> Dinu there was a long discussion about table times a few years ago. In

> particular there was a longTable speedup proposed and contributed by

> Henning von Bargen. That was about 5 years ago. In rl_config.py

> there's a variable to turn this optimisation on and off for the

> default Table class. If you set it to one in your local_rl_config then

> you should get rid of the n**2 behaviour.

In my experience with long tables, I've found the non-linear behaviour
both with and without LongTable() - I think the LongTable optimisation
optimises the calculation of /where/ to split (which can improve
performance where cell widths/heights are variable) but the non-linear
behaviour is occurring during the actual splitting, where LongTable is
identical to Table.

Paul Barrass.