[reportlab-users] Wordaxe 0.3.0, ReportLab 2.2: Assertion Failure, cannot understand why this has to be asserted...

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:25:42 EST 2009

hello,

while running a document in preparation for updating wordaxe /
reportlab, I get the Assertion failure:

Assertion failure
self.width=429.536000
nFrags=31
printrange=0:31
printwidth=431.760000
0 SW() 0
1 SP( ) 2.224
2 SW(wegen) 23.568
3 SP( ) 2.224
4 SW(Schäden,) 33.8
5 SP( ) 2.224
6 SW(die) 10.672
7 SP( ) 2.224
8 SW(der) 11.56
9 SP( ) 2.224
10 SW(Versicherungsnehmer,) 80.472
11 SP( ) 2.224
12 SW(ein) 10.672
13 SP( ) 2.224
14 SW(Mitversicherter) 52.448
15 SP( ) 2.224
16 SW(oder) 16.008
17 SP( ) 2.224
18 SW(eine) 15.12
19 SP( ) 2.224
20 SW(von) 12.896
21 SP( ) 2.224
22 SW(ihnen) 19.568
23 SP( ) 2.224
24 SW(bestellte) 29.792
25 SP( ) 2.224
26 SW(oder) 16.008
27 SP( ) 2.224
28 SW(beauftragte) 40.472
29 SP( ) 2.224
30 SW(Person) 25.344

asserted was:

if not abs(self.width - sum(getattr(f,"width",0) for f in
fragments[print_indx_start:print_indx_end])) <= 1e-5:

and I a have no Idea WHY this get's asserted. My "first look"
understanding is that this is checking that floating point errors stay
below some point, but... what is the bigger idea behind this?

best wishes

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa