[reportlab-users] External hyperlinks in SVG output

Peter peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 12:23:20 EST 2009

I see this is in your SVN repository now :)
https://svn.reportlab.com/svn/public/reportlab/trunk/src/reportlab/graphics/renderSVG.py

[As an aside, I don't suppose you could turn tweak the website to let
it show the history too? I find the revision log very helpful in
other projects, especially if it includes tags/labels for official
releases.]

I'm pleased to report that in addition to the previous tests using
Opera, Firefox and Safari on the Mac, I have now also tested this on
Windows XP using IE 6.0 with either Adobe SVG Viewer (ASV) 6.0 beta,
or Examotion's current IE SVG plugin (version 1.1.1). Clickable links
are also working in IE6 with either of these plugins (except for the
annoying extra "Click to activate and use this control" step from
Microsoft avoiding the Eolas patent) with the new renderSVG.py file :)

http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/beta.html
http://www.examotion.com

Peter