[reportlab-users] patch to make Reportlab work again on Jython

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 5 06:10:21 EST 2009

Raphaël,

we recently introduced some ability for selected people to access and modify at
least parts of the reportlab repository. Would it not make sense for us to
create a jython branch based on the current reportlab 2.3 and then allow you
(and perhaps others) to make patches to that branch?

It seems wrong to mess with the base implementation just because the latest
jython has some limits. I suppose jython's new model(ie not creating java files)
has caused these problems with class size, but I'm sure you'll find other areas
where our code needs some tweaks to make it work under jython.

Even if you don't want to do the commits yourself it seems to make more sense
than doing everything on the trunk.