[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.3 - still getting errors with 2.6

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 4 15:53:57 EST 2009

2009/2/4 John Conner <jconner at empiredi.com>:

> Hi,

> Not sure if it is a problem with report lab or maybe python2.6 or maybe

> freetype. I have been seeing the

> following error for a while now.

I see you are compiling the C extensions on Windows. Is this because
you want to, or because we didn't make clear that Windows packages are
available? ;-) It's very likely there is some difference between
your compiler setup and ours.

We ran tests of the pre-built Windows installers on a bunch of VMs,
from Python 2.3 up to Python 2.6, until they all came up clean. Could
you try the installer below?

http://www.reportlab.org/ftp/reportlab-2.3.win32-py2.6.exe

This will install the library and DLLs in site-packages, but none of
the docs and tests. That seems to be how the default exe-builder in
distutils does things but you could then separately run the test
directory you have.

Alternatively, just grab the built DLLs from here and put them on your
path. The test suite will then hopefully run to completion.

http://www.reportlab.org/ftp/win32-dlls/2.6/

Our windows test environments are in the office so we'll investigate
further in the (UK) morning..

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson