[reportlab-users] PDF File corrupt

Dani Reguera drbakhache at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:53:30 EST 2009

Here is the code:

from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import landscape,A4
from reportlab.pdfgen.textobject import PDFTextObject
from reportlab.lib.colors import HexColor
from reportlab.pdfbase import pdfmetrics

mycanvas = canvas.Canvas(SUBTITLE,pagesize=landscape(A4))

mycanvas.drawImage(styles['credits']['path'],int(styles['credits']['x'])*mm,int(styles['credits']['y'])*mm,width=int(styles['credits']['width'])*mm,height=int(styles['credits']['height'])*mm,
mask='auto')

kk = canvas.textobject.PDFTextObject(mycanvas)
kk.setTextOrigin(x=0*mm,y=0*mm)
kk.textOut(text)

mycanvas.drawRightString(x*mm,y*mm,text)

mycanvas.showPage()
mycanvas.save()

2009/12/4 Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>

> Dani,

> You should post either some python code that generates the pdf, and or the

> pdf.

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Dani Reguera <dreguera at tagzania.com>

> wrote:

> > Hi everybody!

> > The problem is when I open the file with acrobat reader (In Win or in

> > Linux). Reportlab generates the file well (I can see it with the document

> > viewer) but I can open it with acrobat reader. The file is corrupted

> > "An error exists on this page. Acrobat does not display the page

> correctly.

> > Please contact the person who created the PDF document to correct the

> > problem"

> and

> and

> >> post a short example to the list that illustrates the problem.

> >> --

> >> Robin Becker

> > --

> > Dani Reguera