[reportlab-users] ttfonts.py patch

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Dec 3 10:44:20 EST 2009

Jerry Casiano wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 15:32 +0000, Robin Becker wrote:

>> Hi Jerry,

>> I see no reason why your patch should not be used. I assume that the problem you

>> cannot fix is related to the unpacking of the integers using struct ie

>> return unpack('>h',self._ttf_data[self._pos-2:self._pos])[0]

>> I'm not sure why that is happening, but I will take a look at your failing font

>> and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Jerry,

I tried both CHIBARAK.ttf & BOARDS.ttf, but couldn't make an error; of course
that's with your patch in place. Can you say what I'm supposed to do to make the
number of contours problem appear (perhaps which version of python to use). I
assumed that just opening up the file with TTFont(name,path) would blow up, but
perhaps I have to try something els.