[reportlab-users] RGBA Colors

Peter peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 10:24:44 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Kevin D Smith
<Kevin.Smith at sixquickrun.com> wrote:

> I will say one more thing about 2 though before leaving the decision

> up to those in charge.  I wouldn't remove the old alpha methods,

> because it appears as though they work for images as well.  I

> could see someone wanting to use it for that.  Of course, you

> could also add an alpha argument to the image methods just

> like the colors to take care of that.

I'd want to be able to stick bitmap images onto canvases with
transparency. e.g. take this PNG which has a transparent
border, and display it with alpha=0.5 (meaning the transparent
border would remain with alpha=0, but the body of the image
would have alpha=0.5 and be translucent).

Does this sort of thing fit with either model?

Peter