[reportlab-users] Problem with embedded font, help needed

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Aug 25 10:59:25 EDT 2009

2009/8/24 Roberto Alsina <ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar>:

>> > DO NOT TRY TO SAVE A PDF TO A STRINGIO.

>> Was that using StringIO or cStringIO? It might also be Python version

>> or even OS dependent...

> It was a StringIO which I think uses cStringIO if it's available, and python

> 2.6.

We have been running production web apps for many years which save
PDFs to a cStringIO. I suspect the problem was that the cStringIO
module was not compiled or loaded in your case.

Nevertheless if any flavour of StringIO reproducibly corrupts input,
I'd suggest that's a bug worth reporting to the Python folks.

- Andy