[reportlab-users] Problem with embedded font, help needed

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Mon Aug 24 10:17:57 EDT 2009

On Sunday 23 August 2009 19:32:48 Roberto Alsina wrote:

> Hello, this is slightly offtopic because I can't reproduce this problem

> using only reportlab, but I am at my wits end and this is the only list I

> know with people who know about PDF files :-(

> Basically: on some RARE occasions, which I can't isolate yet,

> sphinx+rst2pdf will produce, via reportlab, a PDF with a font that's not

> embedded correctly, and then the file has no visible text in it.

After three days of losing hair, I fixed it. And it **may** be useful for
someone else in the future:

DO NOT TRY TO SAVE A PDF TO A STRINGIO.

It looks like it works, it gives no errors, and then it **may** strip the high
bits of some pieces of the file, breaking it in unpredictable ways.

That's all :-)

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)