[reportlab-users] multiple frames on one page

Arkadi Colson arkadi at smartbit.be
Mon Aug 24 07:27:16 EDT 2009

Robin Becker wrote:

> Arkadi Colson wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Thanks for the quick response. Attached you can see the complete file

>> but it will still not work because a lot of external classes are not

>> there. But maybe you can find the reason this way.

>> I did not start from a working example, I only needed one frame until

>> now.

>> Robin Becker wrote:

>>> Arkadi Colson wrote:

> Not exactly sure what your' intending, but the two frame stuff appears

> to be just the cover page(s) is that correct? So far as I can tell

> you're doing

That's correct, only on the first page, there should be 2 frames.

>> story.append( NextPageTemplate('cover') )

>> self.nameTxt = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/nameTxt)')

>> self.name = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/name)')

>> self.vakTxt = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/vakTxt)')

>> self.vak = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/vak)')

>> self.klasTxt = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/klasTxt)')

>> self.klas = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/klas)')

>> self.syTitle = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/syCover)')

>> self.syTxt = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/syTxt)')

>> self.sy = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/sy)')

>> self.logo = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/logo)')

>> self.logoWidth =

>> int(dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/logoWidth)'))

>> self.logoHeight =

>> int(dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/logoHeight)'))

>> self.logoValid =

>> int(dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/logoValid)'))

>> self.ypTxt = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/ypTxt)')

>> self.ypTitle = dom.xpath('string(/pdf/cover/ypTitle)')

>> self.metadataTitle =

>> dom.xpath('string(/pdf/addons/metadataTitle)')

>> doc.setTitle(self.ypTxt+" "+self.ypTitle)

>> ### Cover BEGIN

>> story.append( self.drawCoverInfo() )

>> ### Cover END

>> ### MetaData BEGIN

>> story.append( NextPageTemplate('metadata') )

>> story.append( PageBreak() )

> The NextPageTemplate is intended to prime the interpreter so that the

> next time you change pages you get the referred to template. I suspect

> that since cover is already the first page template you don't need the

> NextPageTemplate append at the beginning. Apart from that it looks

> right although if the content of drawCoverInfo were small you might

> not see any usage of a second template.

Correct, so I removed the first NextPageTemplate but no changes.

OK, I added some spacers to the end of the first template and now it
seems to work. I didn't knew this and it is very logic of course.

Thanks a lot for the helping me out of this!!!