[reportlab-users] IRC channel

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Aug 14 05:57:02 EDT 2009

Suno Ano wrote:

> I just checked; there does not seem an IRC channel with regards to

> reportlab toolkit. Am I right? Imho there should be one.

I used to use IRC back in the 90's. It seems a bit out of date these days. I
think we were asked recently about twitter but I don't think there was a lot of
enthusiasm for these new communications media from Andy who is probably the only
person who counts.

As for your earlier query re rml I don't actually know enough about z3c.rml to
know if it satisfies your data source requirements or the split between data &
layout. In our implementation we have dynamic features I think based on this

<!ELEMENT acquire (xmlData?)>
<!ELEMENT xmlData EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST xmlData
name CDATA #REQUIRED
fileName CDATA #IMPLIED
url CDATA #IMPLIED

eg

<acquire>
<xmlData name="data" fileName="test_020_sampledata.xml"/>
</acquire>
other tags let you loop over the data

<loop_t var="line" in="data.invoice.lines">
<expr>line</expr>
<expr>line.unitPrice</expr>
<expr>line.qty</expr>
</loop_t>