[reportlab-users] Further AreaLinePlot bugs

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri Aug 7 10:55:21 EDT 2009

I wrote:

> I think I've found another bug in the AreaLinePlot chart. In the

> attached example I'm unable to find a reason for having more tick

> marks and labels on the x-axis (7) than slots per "row" in the

> data (4).

> I'd be very happy for someone able to explain this behaviour to

> me. See attached code for further analysis, producing the same

> bug for RL 2.2 and 2.3.

> Also, it seems that AreaLinePlots require their category axis to

> be a ValueAxis (doing mysterious calculations) instead of a Cate-

> goryAxis which would also allow simple strings and which would

> be also perfectly ok for the general case. The current implemen-

> tation seems to accept only numerical values which seems to me

> like an unnecessary restriction.

Well, if the AreaLinePlot's x-axis is a ValueAxis the additional
ticks make some sense, but for a AreaLinePlot they actually don't
have to make sense because there can be cases where there should
not be any additional ticks, at least not in my case, in which
I'd like to suppress such additional ticks...

I wish there'd be a setting for this or even better, a version
of AreaLinePlot based on a CategoryAxis as well...

Dinu

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dinugherman