[reportlab-users] Problems installing Reportlab

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 6 08:49:40 EDT 2009

Christopher Brewster wrote:

> This certainly helped a lot but I am not sure it worked entirely.

> Running "sudo python setup.py install" I get:

the errors you're reporting appear to be related to PIL. The error related to
tgif may be occurring because we are trying to test that a jpg that is copied to
a file ending in '.gif' is actually recognised properly so we need to carry out
the copy.

Doing the install as su probably requires that you run the tests as su.