[reportlab-users] Problems installing Reportlab

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 6 05:28:05 EDT 2009

Christopher Brewster wrote:

> On a Macbook Pro running Leopard, I have PIL and Freetype2 installed.

> When I run "python setup.py install" I get the following:

> ---

> This appears to be good but when I run "python setup.py tests" I get the

> messages below.

> Is there anything I have done wrong or what?

> Thanks for your advice.

> Christopher

Could this be a line ending conversion error. We don't make MAC specific
archives. I always assumed that people used the tar.gz files and that being some
kind of unix the mac versions just worked like unix. the import and PIL errors
are reminiscent of problem we get when line endings are converted wrongly.