[reportlab-users] hcfa1500 17A, 17B and 24 update

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 05:51:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:04:52 -0700, Var Logrun wrote:

> Hello,

> I'm writing about the hcfa1500.py model contributed here:

> www.reportlab.org/bauer1.html.

> The latest form from NUCC

> http://nucc.org/images/stories/PDF/cms_1500_sample.pdf has different

> fields from the one hosted at reportlab.

> I can write and submit a patch with the latest differences, but before

> that, I wanted to check to see if there was a later version of hcfa1500.py

> available.

+ 1 for the patch, it would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest renaming the module to cms1500.py, and embedding the
specific date-revision "CMS-1500 (08-05)" in a docstring.

It's an extremely useful form template on its own merits, and the
example's separation of coordinates from code make it easy for someone to
get started with RL forms of similar complexity.

Jeff