[reportlab-users] PDF creation, z3c.rml and TOCs...

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Mon Apr 20 12:03:30 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I've spent a very interesting day reading through the documentation
regarding z3c.rml, (and the rml examples from reportlab once I found
them), and then trying to get z3c.rml working standalone.

I checked out z3c.rml, Zope, zope.event, zope.i18nmessageid,
zope.interface, zope.schema. I changed all the references to lxml to
xml.etree.ElementTree, so that it might work on Google AppEngine. I set
up pythonpath to point the the (seemingly) appropriate places, and then
tried several times running rml2pdf.py with this command line:

C:\Temp\z3c.rml\src\z3c\rml>python rml2pdf.py tests\input\simple-layout.rml
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "rml2pdf.py", line 25, in <module>
import document, interfaces
File "C:\Temp\z3c.rml\src\z3c\rml\document.py", line 26, in <module>
from z3c.rml import attr, directive, interfaces, occurence
File "c:\temp\z3c.rml\src\z3c\rml\attr.py", line 36, in <module>
from z3c.rml import interfaces
File "c:\temp\z3c.rml\src\z3c\rml\interfaces.py", line 138, in <module>
class IDeprecatedDirective(zope.interface.interfaces.IInterface):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'interfaces'

Do you know what that error means? All this 'Interface' stuff has me
more than a little bemused as a complete Python newbie.

Thanks for any help you can give...

-Ken