[reportlab-users] Create a PDF file from Ms. Office Word format.

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Apr 6 16:38:11 EDT 2009

Alberto Vera wrote:

> Could you tell me how I can create a PDF file from Word(Ms.office)?

> Is it possible to do that programatically?

Not with ReportLab. That's not what it is for.

There are many tools to do this, however. I like PDFCreator, which is a
free, open source tool. Like most such tools, it installs itself as a
fake printer: you print to the PDFCreator printer, and it produces a PDF
file.

In Office 2007, Word has this ability built-in. No add-ons are needed.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.