[reportlab-users] Trying to keep it simple

andré malassi my123678 at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 4 14:34:17 EDT 2009

Hello,

In a project I'm working at, it is needed that we would be able to generate some extraction of basic data's from an SQL database.
One of the constraints is that reports needs to be generated at the server level , and sent back to the client (a single page or two)

Finally, my thinking is that only the user name could be sent as an input to our reportlab generator thus it should work on like this :

1 - website : send an http request with 'username' as a parameter

2 - reportlabserver : receive the username and does an SQL select in the database to get the rows we want
'select name, city,date,customerid from clients where username like '%s' order by date desc limit 100' % self.GetInputValue('UserName') At this time the pdf would be generated on the server

3 - get the pdf back to the client (if possible without having to perform a second operation to get the file)

As far as I can think the only thing I know is theSQL part of it, and that we have Python working and sudo apt-get install done for reportlab !

Sorry if my English is not perfect and thanks in advance for any help,of any kind, because i truly believe I need some !
--
André