[reportlab-users] headers and footers

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Fri Sep 19 04:55:17 EDT 2008

Bryan:

> i'm having a really hard time finding information and an example of

> how to add headers and footers using reportlab. i've read the

> documentation and searched google for days now and i still have no

> clue what to do. i would prefer to use the platypus way of coding if

> i can. can someone please show me a working hello world example of

> headers and footers?

> this is what i have so far which isn't much.

Hi Brian,

could you elaborate on what kind of information you want to appear
in the headers and footers, please? I assume, you want something
like titles for paragraph with a certain (headline) style, right?
This is a bit tricky, but I can surely dig out an example on my
disk if this is what you want.

If you only want some more "static" info to appear in these places
you can use the approach shown in the demo file dodyssey.py in the
standard RL distribution, although it follows the pretty typical
less-clear-then-it-could-be ReportLab style. ;-)

BTW, if you want people to run the code you post here, it should
be executable without cauing them further work, e.g. for adding
the imports etc.

Regards,

Dinu