[reportlab-users] RML and non-standard fonts

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Sep 12 09:29:24 EDT 2008

2008/9/12 Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:

> Hmm... no one knows?

> Maybe the OpenERP part is confusing so forget about that for the moment. I

> would rather that OpenERP support the regular ReportLab tools anyway.

> So let me rephrase the question:

> Is there a way with just the regular ReportLab tools to generate an RML file

> that uses a non-standard font and then convert this RML file into a PDF that

> has the non-standard font embedded in it?

RML (tm) is a product of ours and we have examples on how to do this
for our licensed customers. "Tiny RML" uses different code (despite
sharing our DTD) and you'd have to ask them.

However our own User Guide has a section on how to embed fonts, and
there are tests in the test suite, if you are working at the open
source level.

- Andy