[reportlab-users] Want to use SVG files with reportlab? Read this!

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Fri Sep 12 06:29:06 EDT 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008 06:27:21 Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Roberto Alsina:

> > I have just done a hack to use those file formats (and several

> > others) *as

> > vectors* from reportlab.

> > You need an external tool, called uniconvertor, and it has some

> > issues, but it

> > is working.

> > I should polish it, but I'm just too excited and wanted to share

> > it :-)

> > Details and code, including a SVGImage flowable:

> > http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/weblog/2008/09/10.html#BB753

> > Sample PDF with SVG in it:

> > http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar/static/svg.pdf

> > If anyone can help me get rid of the page jump after the SVG, I

> > think I can

> > fix the rest of it :-)

> Hi Roberto,

> looks like I'm the only one looking at this. Briefly: it looks

> interesting, but with a strange package layout (top-level "app"?),

> without docs and a solid testsuite I have trouble to give it even

> a try.

I don't understand what you are talking about.
Docs for what, exactly? Uniconvertor? The flowable I wrote?

> This reminds me of a package named "svglib" which you might want

> to google for. During the last weeks several people told me that

> I should update and put it under a more "conventional" license.

> So I've added this on my todo list, together with including the

> pretty solid W3C testsuite for the first time.

I looked at it, but the license discouraged me.

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan