[reportlab-users] RML and non-standard fonts

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Thu Sep 11 10:42:03 EDT 2008

I am new to the reportlab list so please excuse if this question has
been answered somewhere - please just point me to the thread if so.

I have been using reportlab within the context of OpenERP (aka
TinyERP). It uses the reportlab engine but I think it uses its own RML
parser.
Anyway, OpenERP has a means of creating a OpenOffice .sxw file, adding
some special directives and then turning that into an RML file. From
there it gets converted into a PDF with its own trml2pdf parser.
I think I have all that right.

What I am needing to do is to create the .sxw with a non-standard font
and have that font embedded into the PDF. I added my new font in the
default Type1 fonts directory and restarted OpenOffice and it shows up
in the list of fonts. I use this font in my .sxw file but when it
generates the RML file the font is converted to Times-Roman. So what is
necessary to get the new non-standard font into the RML and subsequently
into the PDF? What pieces need to be modified?

Thanks,
Gerry