[reportlab-users] Fixing bugs in RL 2.2

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 3 08:49:11 EDT 2008

2008/9/3 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> Robin, would you mind explaining the problem you see with that?

If we add GPL code, won't it infect our more liberal BSD-licensed
package? This in turn which would force possibly hundreds of commercial
products to stop using our libraries from 2.2.

Henning is busy the next 2 days but if he says later on that
he is happy to assign this code under our BSD license then
it removes the issue.

We may not have been clear enough about this in the past,
but generally any contributor to an open source project should
assign their code to the project and accept that it goes out
under that project's license.

- Andy