[reportlab-users] Fixing bugs in RL 2.2

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 3 04:32:57 EDT 2008

2008/9/3 Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de>:

> Hi,

> I'm excited to read about the plans for releasing RL 2.2. I wonder,

> though, which of the bugs reported on this list over the last 15+

> months can the RL community expect to be fixed in a future 2.2 re-

> lease? I'm only reminding everybody here of Henning's patch for the

> paragraph class which makes proper hyphenation much easier.

Robin, any idea if we tackled that one? (The practical problem is
of course seeing if it conflicts with any other paragraph features
people on the user group might not have tested, and it's hard
to create a comprehensive test suite for this as eyeballs are needed).

> I do not have a comprehensive list of such bugs, of course, but I do

> hope RL can use some filtering technology to extract them from this

> mailing list.

We have been through the list and the commits and have a draft
changelist internally. I am hoping to put it up on a - hold your
breath, Dinu, this is the big moment - Wiki(!) around this weekend,
so anyone on this list can remind us of things we've missed.

- Andy