[reportlab-users] ReportLab 2.2 deployment options

Dirk Holtwick dirk.holtwick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:05:24 EDT 2008

Andy Robinson schrieb:

> 2008/9/1 Dirk Holtwick <dirk.holtwick at gmail.com>:

>> - reportlab_toolkit

>> - reportlab_addons

> That's how it works in subversion. But if we want it "easy", I fear

> that would just double our workload, and the dependency questions.

> The key question is, should the ability to create bitmap charts be in

> the standard package? If so then we need _renderPM.c and the Type 1

> fonts, and renderPM drags in PIL, freetype, libjpeg etc etc.

I think bitmap creation is not needed in the standard package. For most
users I believe the focus is on PDF.

BTW: You should give PyLint a try. It finds a lot of hidden bugs
sleeping in the code ;) Best way (because of a bug in PyLint) to install
it is:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/logilab.pylintinstaller/0.1.1

Then run:

$ pylint -e reportlab

Very very useful is to use it within Eclipse PyDev:

http://pydev.sourceforge.net/pylint.html

Dirk