[reportlab-users] ANN: wordaxe-0.3.0

henning.vonbargen at arcor.de henning.vonbargen at arcor.de
Sun Oct 26 18:06:16 EDT 2008

I'm proud to announce release 0.3.0 of the wordaxe hyphenation library (http://deco-cow.sourceforge.net)
You can download the library from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105867

Apart from just being a hyphenation library, wordaxe adds hyphenation support to the
ReportLab PDF library - for Paragraph, to be precise.

This release is the first that uses the NewParagraph implementation by default,
so now splitting a paragraph works as expected.
BTW I also adopted Dirk Holtwick's backColor patch.

I ran several tests and apart from autoleading and ImageAndFlowables,
everything seems to work.

If you need hyphenation in your ReportLab program, just give wordaxe a try.
You'll only have to change a few lines of code.

Henning