[reportlab-users] [Feature-Request]

Dirk Holtwick dirk.holtwick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 18:23:57 EDT 2008

Well, I implemented the background feature for Paragraphs. It is based
on the Reportlab 2.1 version because I have to avoid the trouble and
bugs with the non breaking spaces (see older mails).

You can set the background by setting the attribute "backColor" in
ParaFrags. They will respect the font sizes, The speedup functions are
not used, because they needed to be changed an therefore I turned them off.

Here is the code. Hope you find it useful. But I think the Paragraph
module should have a general cleanup and refactoring since the code is
difficult to understand.

http://code.google.com/p/xhtml2pdf/source/browse/branches/3.0/sx/pisa3/reportlab_paragraph.py

Use Pisa/ XHTML2PDF <http://www.xhtml2pdf.com/> to try this feature by
using code like this: