[reportlab-users] Installing version 2.2 on Windows

David Hughes dfh at forestfield.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 11:50:41 EDT 2008

I tried upgrading to version 2.2 under Windows and initially attempted
the full build, using setup.py install, but got horribly tangled up
trying to compile the c extensions because the lib and include
directories for freetype2 look to be hard coded to locations on your own
machines. So I just copied the reportlab directory tree over into
site-packages as recommended for the manual install, and then downloaded
_renderPM.pyd and _rl_accel.pyd separately. This means I don't believe I
have freetype2 explicitly installed. Is this OK and sufficient?

Regards,

David Hughes