[reportlab-users] Bulleted Text not displaying

Peter Mattingly pmattingly at mail.csuchico.edu
Tue Oct 21 17:35:00 EDT 2008

> I know it's weird but Roberto's RST2PDF didn't exist in 2000 when we

> reached our "version 1" criterion of being able to create our own manual.

> But it is NOT hard to suggest a concrete amendment, or open one of the

> scripts and rewrite a few paragraphs; and you can check it isn't broken and

> regenerate your own userguide in 2 seconds flat.

That does look pretty easy. Thanks for pointing that out.

Once we can publish them to HTML, it will

> be fairly easy to allow 'comment this page' functionality like the

> Django folks did.

> A 'snippets' site would be really cool too, as long as people could

> add screenshots or output samples. But all this takes time.

Excellent! That sounds ideal. Thank you for the update on the progress
being made.

The critical factor is still time. We make NO money from our open source

> code,

> and even if we got 100x more users, we would still make no money.

Well that's too bad. Are you open to suggestions for taking advantage of
the dearth of free work you have access to via your users? I don't know any
off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's some way for your more
experienced and vetted users to put together some functionality on your
servers while at the same time maintaining security constraints.

We can, however, quickly accept specific revisions or

> contributions, however worded or submitted. You don't have take the word

> "patch" too

> literally - if someone sent in a text file attempting to explain Platypus a

> bit better, or a specific list of

> corrections, we'd happily check it in.

Excellent! I shall attempt to "doc-as-I-go" where I'm able.

--Peter