[reportlab-users] allow multiline text

giulia cherubini mukkablues at hotmail.it
Tue Oct 21 03:38:04 EDT 2008

Hello,
i’m new in reportlab and also in programming python,
I have little sample of a report made with reportlab
It takes text from query made with postgres-psycopg2
It puts it onto a grid (attach1) or a simple canvas.drawLine(attach2)

But when the text it is too long, it goes ‘’’outside the paper’’’ (attach1) or over the text beside (attach2)

Does some way – method exists to allow my text to go in the line below after a tot. number of letters?

For example:

NAME SURNAME CITY
Giulia cherubini roma

Antonguido cherubini roma à in that case, in the pdf the name will be write over surname

I’m searching for:

NAME SURNAME CITY
Giulia cherubini roma

Anton cherubini roma à in that case, the text will be write in another line automatically
guido

sorry for my poor english
i hope I explain in correct way
thanx in advance

giulia
Comunica, gioca e divertiti con i tuoi amici su Messenger!
http://www.messenger.it