[reportlab-users] PDF Transparency

King Simon-NFHD78 simon.king at motorola.com
Thu Nov 27 13:09:37 EST 2008

OK, here's the patch - it's a little ugly at the moment.

I was thinking a little more about managing the ExtGState dictionaries.
Do you think it is reasonable to create a state for each 'extended
attribute' value? For example, setting both the stroke alpha and fill
alpha results in the creation of two states. This keeps the canvas
interface nice and simple, possibly at the expense of efficiency.

I suppose you could expose add_extgstate method and activate_extgstate
as well, for users who want to manage them manually.

Thanks again,

Simon