[reportlab-users] How can I set the width of a table?

Paul Barrass paul.barrass at safeonlinebilling.com
Thu Nov 20 22:00:04 EST 2008

Matthew Wilson wrote:

> I'm drawing several tables and their width seems to be dynamic based

> on the contents. It looks goofy. How can I require that every table

> draws with a fixed width?

You can pass a colWidths parameter (a list of widths which must be the
same length as the number of columns) when you create the table if you
want fix the columns widths for each table. I'm not sure it's possible
to specify a fixed total width, but with dynamically assigned widths of
the individual columns, though someone may know different.

Paul Barrass.