[reportlab-users] Embed comments in PDF?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Nov 7 10:53:39 EST 2008

2008/11/7 Darren Govoni <darren at ontrenet.com>:

> Hi Andy,

> Well darn. Hehe. Since I'm a one-track-mind I will maybe have to

> write my own mod to do this and give it back to the community.

> Now to hunt down the PDF file format spec. Oh joy!

Hunting it down isn't the problem - bottom link here, ignore the
exhortations to pay ISO for a copy....

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html

You begin to taste the 'joy' when you've spent a night or two reading it,
but the true sensual pleasure only really kicks in when you
try to implement some feature and need a few dozen tries...

Py2PDf is probably a better starting point since it is inherently
read/write - our own library is designed to be read-only. It's
also worth looking at Bruno Lowagie's iText library in Java
in case he's solved it...

But we'd be very happy to accept any patches if you get something
going.

--
Andy