[reportlab-users] Getting "UnicodeDecodeError" when generating reportlab docs

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed May 28 11:33:22 EDT 2008

Mark Doukidis wrote:

> Is this just me having problems ?

> Attempting to generate the documentation is giving me this Traceback:

> C:\reportlab\docs\userguide>python genuserguide.py

........tion

> 28: unexpected code byte

> Version info:

> Reportlab "At revision 3230." from svn repository

> Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

> I am not conversant with Unicode semantics .

> Mark Doukidis

> PS: I have just updated from the repository to the latest version

> (been a while since looked at reportlab)

On my system with latest svn reportlab I see this

C:\code\reportlab\docs\userguide>python genuserguide.py
Built story contains 1289 flowables...
Saved "c:\code\reportlab\docs\userguide.pdf"

so I think this works if all the standard modules are present.

Have you installed the accelerator codes eg pyRXP, _rl_accel etc etc? If yes
what version of python are you using?