[reportlab-users] Word-wraps on something other than white space

Peter Todd peter.todd at gedex.ca
Tue May 27 17:01:53 EDT 2008

I'm writing a simple application that formats up bill of material lists. In
the table outputted the part reference cell will contain something like the
following:

R1,R2,R3....R50

which I want wapped as follows:

R1,R2,R3,R4
R5,R6,R7,R8
R9,R10,R11,
R12,R13,R14

etc.

Latex has a way to add conditional word wrapping breakpoints, can the
reportlab library do this too? I have looked though the breakLines function
in the platypus/paragraph.py in the source, which doesn't look promising,
but if I missed something I'd love to hear otherwise.