[reportlab-users] Embedding Equations into PDF

Andrew Smart smart at smartelligence.de
Sun May 11 05:38:39 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I have the following requirement: I have a set of formulas inside my Python
scripts (something like X = (Y+2)*5 + C) which I would like to embed into
the generated PDF's - of course pretty formatted as true equations.

I've googled, but the only references I found is for Latex-related stuff,
and some pointers to MathML.

I don't want to add an additional dependency like Latex to my project... I'm
also aware that Reportlab vs Latex has been discussion areas in the past
(and I DON'T want to initiate the discussion again...)

Does anyone of you have pointers to a "small" lib which represents (mostly
simple) equations nicely? Or an algorythm which I may then port to Python?

Andrew