[reportlab-users] Times-Bold produces wrong font

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Mar 12 11:12:01 EDT 2008

Stephan Richter wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> I just ran the z3c.rml tests against Reportlab 2.1 and noticed that when

> Times-bold is used, it sometimes renders the text in another font. This is

> not specific to my system as Christian Theune also sees this problem.

> Is this a known bug? You can definitely reproduce the issue by running all

> tests (--all) in z3c.rml.

> Regards,

> Stephan

I'm almost sure this must be a problem with the z3c rml parsing. In base
reportlab the base font transitions work fairly well. We had problem with our
rml product and introduced a register family tag so that you could bring in
families of fonts all at once. However, the base fonts should come in
pre-installed as a family. If there is a bug in base level reportlab it'll
likely be fixable in trunk fairly easily.

Can you send me the failing test rml? If it runs in our world it'll likely be
the translation that's failing.