[reportlab-users] newbie question about PDF-generation from template

Andreas Rudolph andy at openindex.de
Sun Jun 15 08:17:53 EDT 2008

Hello all,

at first I'd like to thank the developers for their great work.
ReportLab looks really nice, but I'm having some problems with the
provided documentation / examples.

The following things I try to realize with ReportLab:

- I already have an existing PDF-file, that should be used as template.
- I want to open this PDF-template and write some additional content on it.
- Finally the modifiied document should be saved under a new filename,
or maybe send directly as HTTP-response.

My questions about this:

- Can this be realized with ReportLab?
- If yes, can you give me a hint how to do this?

I tried a bit with 'BaseDocTemplate' and 'SimpleDocTemplate', but
without success so far.

Thanks for your attention,

greetz

Andreas Rudolph