[reportlab-users] Several questions about text output

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz gradha at titanium.sabren.com
Mon Jul 14 16:43:32 EDT 2008

El 13/07/2008, a las 22:48, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz escribió:

> On the font issue, how can I clip the text to a region? Let's say

> that I have a text too long to fit and don't want it to go out of

> the page. Is this done with the paths?

I found the answer at http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2005-February/003717.html
. However, now I am having a problem calculating the bounding box of a
font.

When I draw a text string at 0,0, letters like 'g' or 'j' descend
below the 0 y coordinate into negative numbers. I know the font size,
but I don't know how much do I have to displace my bounding box in
order to not have the lower part of the letters being clipped.

In the reference manual I found the word "baseline" ppear in the
setRise documentation, but that doesn't help me. Any suggestions?