[reportlab-users] Error Log

Brandon Rich brich at caseta.com
Thu Jan 17 12:24:16 EST 2008

I am trying to create a error log that handles exceptions that are
thrown. Right now, I have an if, elif in place, and if neither happens,
would like to log an error, and two, exit gracefully upon exception. I
have not found any documentation on this and was curious if anyone could
give an example, or point me in a direction to look at.

Thanks

if decision == 1:

text = Template (file="XXX.tmpl", searchList= [{'name' :
'Jack'}]).respond()

paragraphStyle = get_stylesheets()['Normal']

p = Paragraph( text ,paragraphStyle,None)

elif decision == 2:

text = Template (file="XXX.tmpl", searchList= [{'name' :
'Jill'}]).respond()