[reportlab-users] Easy way to set background colour of a Frame?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Jan 4 18:20:57 EST 2008

Stevens, Ian wrote:

> Is there a way to set the background colour of a Frame without

> resorting to either setting the background of a Table which contains

> the Frame contents or drawing a box on the Canvas with the same

> geometry as the Frame?

No, but it would be trivially easy to derive your own class from Frame
and add this. Always remember that the beauty of an open source library
is that you have the source there on your computer.

You should, I think, be able to copy the same technique and timing used
by drawBoundary, although I may be underestimating the effort.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.