[reportlab-users] stretching fonts

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon Dec 29 12:28:57 EST 2008

Is there a way to make a font, wider? or make a string take up x amount of
space? the string is a constant (well, it will be "2009" for the next year...)
and I need it to fill up an area that is about 1.5x the width it currently uses,
without increasing the hight. and I don't want to just increase the spacing,
because I like the look of the wider font.

This may qualify as "that is changing the font, and so you should just use a
different font." maybe. but I am trying to use a font that is pre-installed
on ubuntu boxes.

Carl K