[reportlab-users] Unicode stars and fonts -- resolved

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 01:09:40 EST 2008

Hello all,
I thought I'd feed-back a little.

The problem was: I had a string s=u"\u2605" that used to draw nice stars (in
the PDF) and then stopped doing so.

The solution was: I removed fonts installed to my $HOME/.fonts directory (I am
on Gnu/Linux) and one of them was zapfdingbats.ttf
I don't know why, but this reset some voodoo in the scheme of things and my
PDF stars returned with no other change to the source required.

Have a Merry Newtonmas and thanks for the recent help.

\d