[reportlab-users] Drawing things alongside paragraphs

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 03:53:59 EST 2008

On Thursday, 18 December 2008 20:46:10 Tim Roberts wrote:

> I'm not convinced this is possible, without writing a custom paragraph

> flowable.  The whole principle of platpus flowables is that each

> flowable consists of one kind of "thing"; you are violating this principle.

Hi,
My PDF is a two-column affair. I am not adept enough to avoid platypus and get
the right layout.

Could you (or anyone) give me a hand with a custom Paragraph that can include
a drawing-area alongside it? It's not the end of the world to have the stars
under the text, but it does waste space and make longer documents.

Some text ****

vs

Some text
****

As an alternative: I was using the unicode symbol u"\u2605" and it gave really
nice stars until it stopped. It's now drawing a thin slanted + symbol. I
gather this has something to do with fonts, but don't know what or why. Is
there anything I can do to guarantee the right symbol arrives in PDF on
J.Random User's machine?

\d