[reportlab-users] rotate page

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Dec 10 06:03:51 EST 2008

giulia cherubini wrote:

> Well,

> I’m trying to rotate a table-grid, but…result is non as I exactly want to be…

> Now I can see a bit of table, but…it’s not enough!!!

> I have a little trouble understanding:

> --- wich kind of pagesize I have to set

> ---which value put onto canvas.translate

> ---values of inch

> I only rotate first page.

> The parameter rotate(90) is ok, I can see the end of table in the right position but…only the end!!!

> Thanx for your help, sorry if I’m very newbie!!!

> giulia

first off at the end of each page the graphic state is reset by adobe. That
means you'll have to do the rotation in each page.

It's a bit odd to use negative page width so I don't know what's happening here.
Try changing the two inch,inch translations one at a time, by a small amount to
determine which direction the drawn table gets moved. That should allow you to
figure out what the correct adjustment should be for your set up.

I cannot run your example as I don't have data/psychopg2.