[reportlab-users] KeepInFrame Shrinkage

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Aug 28 11:45:17 EDT 2008

Philippe Robitaille wrote:

> Thanks to Robin for looking into the KeepInFrame. To answer the question, I am using the KeepInFrame to ensure that the blue bulletins do not split across frames. I understand that this is the way to do that - essentially bind the few paragraphs together with KeepInFrame.

> If I need to assess the minimum space available, that's ok. But can you point me to the so-called "various condition checking flowables".

> Thanks,

> phil robitaille

There's something in flowables called

CondPageBreak
which is actually a conditional frame break. It's probably far too late to
rename it now. You give it a length say 72 (for 72 points) and if there's less
than 72 points available at wrap time then it either uses up all the space in
the current frame or it adds a FrameBreak to the stream.

Ther are trivial modifications to this to make it into a real PageBreak.