[reportlab-users] Adding charSpace as a paragraph style attribute

Paul.Keating at nibc.com Paul.Keating at nibc.com
Wed Aug 20 06:49:11 EDT 2008

reportlab-users-bounces at reportlab.com wrote on 2008-08-20 12:02:33:

> Presumably this is the initial/default charSpace that gets used where the

> default style applies. Is it your intention that that space should apply

> places where fonts change etc etc or should we allow charSpace to be

changed

> with the font / para attributes and similar.

I more or less had it in mind that it would be similar to leading, that is,
not something one would want to change on the fly. I know some European
houses still use letter spacing for emphasis in mid-paragraph where an
English printer would use italics, but that wasn't what I was aiming at,
mainly because it just didn't occur to me.

--
Paul Keating
The Hague