[reportlab-users] Page n of m?

Paul.Keating at nibc.com Paul.Keating at nibc.com
Mon Aug 18 08:31:32 EDT 2008

Harald,

I quite agree but it's house style. I'm not the designer, just the humble
programmer. The jump is between page 1 and subsequent pages, so it's not
quite as bad as it sounds.

I've managed to make it work using two separate PDF forms. My main
difficulty is that the baseline of the total page count wanders slightly if
I change magnifications. I know what causes this: I haven't got the
position exactly right, but at some magnifications it doesn't matter,
because the rendering process makes them come out the same. But measuring a
correcting offset off the printed page doesn't help, for the same reason.
The offset I'm trying to measure has already been quantized and so it isn't
accurate either.

Looks like I'll have to try and get the hand calculation right.

Regards

> Paul,

> But more important: I recommend strongly not to do this.

> "jumping pages numbers" are a major frustration for anybody reading the

document.