[reportlab-users] PTOContainer split problem

Yoann Roman yroman-reportlab at altalang.com
Wed Aug 13 10:33:35 EDT 2008

Robin Becker wrote:

> Yoann Roman wrote:

> > I'm running across a PTOContainer problem when the content is a single

very

> > large paragraph. Attached are two files: a simple Python script and a

large

> > text file (GNU GPL, in this case).

> > If I try to use the doc.build([pto]) line, I get this:

> In fact I tried your large text by inserting this into our standard test

case

> reportlab/test/test_platypus_pleaseturnover.py at line 127

> textxxx=open('/tmp/yoannroman/gnu.txt','r').read()

> ptoblob('First Try at a PTO',[Paragraph(textxxx,bt)],t0,h0)

> and this works even if the style is a bit busted.

I was taking a similar approach this morning in troubleshooting this. Turns
out I was importing Paragraph as:

from reportlab.platypus.para import Paragraph

Whereas test_platypus_pleaseturnover.py uses:

from reportlab.platypus.paragraph import Paragraph

I hadn't noticed the former was experimental. Changing my pto_test.py file
to use the latter fixes the problem. I'm not sure what the official status
of para.py is, so this may not be a bug at all.

Thanks for the help,

--
Yoann Roman